” What Is A Blog?” by Sue Fisher
A Blog is your home on the internet. It provides a way to communicate with others on the web. It is where you can share your passions, hobbies, views etc. with others.
A Blog is where you place or store content that others can see, read, watch or listen. A place where you can express your opinions and your voice can be heard. A place where you can provide advice or information on a topic that someone maybe interested in. A place where you can provide answers to a question or questions others may be looking for. A Blog can contain anything you want it to.
Now you may be asking what is content? Content is information and experiences that provide value to others. It can be provided via photos, videos, images, reviews, the written word or any combination of these. It contains the value that we want to provide to others.
How are individuals, groups, businesses etc. using Blogs today? They are being used to:
- Share updates with family and friends who live far away
- By Writers and Journalists to gather story topics and the public’s opinion on what they think is important
- As journals where people can keep a record of their achievements or provide their reflections on all sorts of topics
- To sell or promote products or services
- A place to provide reviews of products, services, books etc.
- To provide up to date news and information
These are just a few of the different ways a Blog can be used in today’s world.
Hope you learned something today. Perhaps it provided a seed or thought that maybe you could use a blog for yourself. Give it some thought.
Until next time,
In the meantime if you have any questions that you might like to ask, please feel free to reach out to me at sue@susanLfisher.com.
Thank you, Sue. Well done !